All Stars Mentoring
In collaboration with Coconino Country Juvenile Court and Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff, All Stars mentoring is a program that is facilitated in Flagstaff, Arizona. The focus of All Stars’ is to match positive adult role models with the siblings of children currently involved with juvenile court, diversion programs, and children of incarcerated parents. Studies show a positive adult role model can provide a sense of stability, a decrease in high-risk behaviors, and positive example of adult life.
In order to be a benefit to the youth in our community who have interest in being mentored, All Stars will facilitate group mentoring sessions while the Littles wait to be matched with a Big. Group mentoring will meet weekly and provide an athletic or creative activity for youth to be involved in. Once a little is matched with a Big, they have the option of taking their match into the community. With a one-on-one match, Littles and Big can enjoy separate outings and also participate in the weekly group mentoring sessions.
All Stars Group Mentoring:
Time: 5:30pm to 7:30pm
Volunteers must meet the following criteria to be matched with a child in our community-based program
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be open to being matched with a child in need of a positive adult friend in their life
- Be able to commit to a 1 year relationship, meeting at least 2 times a month (NAU students can be matched if not a full time Flagstaff resident)
- Have reliable transportation and have valid DL and proof of insurance and/or identification card
- Complete enrollment, interview, and orientation with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Flagstaff
If you meet the criteria above and are ready to get started please call (928)774-0649 to speak with an agency staffer, or fill out our Online Interest Form.